Do you have a great idea for a Windows Phone app? Figuring out how you’re going to raise money for it? You’ve come to the right place for a fresh new way to fund your project. Microsoft BizSpark has teamed up with AppCampus to offer grants for select startups in the BizSpark program to build compelling Windows Phone apps. The program offers awards specifically to BizSpark startups, ranging from 20,000-70,000 euros. Even better, the grants are just that. AppCampus don’t take equity, revenue share, or IP rights.
Want to know more about the grant?
In addition to investing 20,000 – 70,000 euros per project, AppCampus provides grant winners with comprehensive support, training in mobile technology, design and usability, and funding to create mobile apps and services. For those of you who are familiar with our Mobile Acceleration Week program, AppCampus is using this as a model for the technical training portion. When you are ready to distribute your app, Windows Phone Marketplace and Nokia Store also offer local and global business opportunities to program participants via distribution to consumers around the world. In addition to the AppCampus grants, you will benefit from the free Microsoft software, support, and visibility provided by BizSpark.
So, what’s the catch?
There isn’t one. Simply put, we want to find (and fund) the next great ideas. AppCampus doesn’t take a portion of your profits. They just require you to launch your app on Windows Phone or if you have already launched on a competing platform, to offer unique features and capabilities for a period of time.
What are we looking for?
- Startups that are innovative and are passionate about bringing their great idea to Windows Phone
- Ideally, the winners wouldn’t have an app in a competing marketplace or building. However, an existing app may qualify if you enhance your app significantly on the Windows Phone platform.
- Proactive developers who will take advantage of all the Windows Phone key features as they become available (for example maps, location-awareness, camera, Live Tiles, push notification, etc.)
- The best of the best. AppCampus wants apps that show design elegance, technical quality and performance
- Movers and Shakers! Startups that have the drive and commitment to experiment and adapt as the mobile world changes
AppCampus is particullarly interested in companies also developing on other Microsoft technologies, especially Windows 8 and Windows Azure. In order to apply, you need to be a member of BizSpark.
Ready to apply?
Simply click on the link below, and you’ll be directed to the special BizSpark AppCampus site. You’ll need your BizSpark member ID to apply. Companies will be notified quarterly of the results. Good luck!
Need more information?
Read the FAQs.
Not in the BizSpark program yet?
No fear! Find out more about the application process here.
About the AppCampus grants
Kicked off in May 2012, AppCampus is an €18 million joint project led and managed by Aalto University, which has a growing reputation as a hotbed of new startup companies. AppCampus offers financing and coaching in mobile technology, design and usability to Windows Phone developers.