Check out some recent exciting news from MAW alum around the world:
- Rdio, a streaming music service, recently partnered with TuneCore and CD Baby to reach 18M song offerings. The partnership was covered in VentureBeat, Hypebot, and Billboard. The company, who attended MAW in San Francisco, released a WP7 app in January and is available in 13 countries.
- Kiosked, a MAW Helsinki alum, recently announced their development partnership with Tekes Tempo. Kiosked, the online shopping aid, aims to release a Kiosked mobile app in the near future. The company also completed an impressive $4.5M funding round this summer.
- TouchApps, an Israel MAW attendee, has released four apps on the Windows Phone platform. Make-Up Girls, Chic Baby, Make-Up Girls-Wedding Edition, and Boyfriend Makeover can all be found on Marketplace. The apps are trending well In the Educational Game category and getting great consumer reviews.
- Bonusmagnet, a Berlin MAW participant, was recently featured as Bizspark’s Startup of the Day. The company, a loyalty and direct marketing technology platform, also released an app on Marketplace in June
- Soundtracker released a Windows 8 application in addition to their WP7 app. The company is a free, online music service that blends Internet radio, social networking and location awareness that attended MAW in New York City last year. Soundtracker joined fellow MAW alum WNMLive, News360, and News Republic in the Windows 8 Preview Store.
- Star Arcade, a MAW Helsinki alum, just released their latest game app. TicTacToe can be found on Marketplace alongside the company’s other two games, Diamonds Capture and Diamonds Paradise. Star Arcade, a mobile and social gaming company, plans on releasing their fourth WP app later this month.
- Zooz, a MAW Israel alum, was chosen as a finalist at VentureBeat’s MobileBeat 2012 competition. Zooz developed a payment platform that allows users to complete payments from their mobile phones. The company is also working on bringing a mobile app to Marketplace.
- Travelyaari, an online bus ticket search engine, is making strides in simplifying the travel experience. The company, a MAW Bangalore attendee, is working with local authorities in Bangalore to ease the travel process for customers.
MAW by the numbers:
- 13 MAW events have been completed in San Francisco, New York, Israel, Helsinki, Moscow, Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, London, a special weekend event in Shanghai, and two additional events in Delhi and Pune.
- 175+ companies have participated in MAW events around the world
- 129 companies have already released apps on Marketplace, with 65+ more in the works
- 900+ media outlets have covered MAW participants