MAW is on a roll! Look at all these MAW alumni making news headlines:
- Mobile Backstage, a Helsinki MAW attendee, recently closed a $1 million euro funding round. The news was published in multiple outlets such as Techcrunch, Marketwatch, and 11 other media outlets.
- Picture editing software developer Aviary, a NYC MAW participant, published their first Windows Phone 7 SDK. The app received much news coverage from sources like The Verge, Geekwire, The Next Web, and WPCentral. Aviary was also chosen as the new default editing suite on Flickr.
- Sunduka, a company that offers advanced mobile solutions, was recently featured in Arctic Startup. The company, a Helsinki MAW alum, is releasing the WP version of their app, Ringi, soon.
- Israel MAW participant, Worldmate, just launched their first API. The company has over 50 licensees involved in the API and hopes to release a WP version of their wildly popular mobile app very soon.
- Three Israel MAW participants, Everything.me, TouchApps and Play My Tone, demoed their apps at the annual ThinkNext event in TelAviv. Everything.me, formerly DoAt, and TouchApps are currently launching their WP apps. Play My Tone has released a private beta version.
- Zooz, another MAW Isreal attendee, is already receiving high praise for their mobile payment solution. The company, featured in the Huffington Post and the EFY Times, is working on developing a unique in-app payment software.
- The Indian car rental and cab service company, Olacabs, finished an angel funding round for an undisclosed amount of funds. Olacabs attended the MAW event in Bangalore.
- SF MAW alum, Echoecho, also finished out a successful funding round and raised over $750,000. The company published a popular location-based app on WP last December.
The MAW team packs their bags and heads to London June 25-29. As always, the event will be streamed live via Twitter. If Mobile Acceleration Week sounds interesting to you or someone you know, don’t forget to apply. Find out more about the application process here or on the MAW homepage.